All About Dependent Pass!

A Dependant’s Pass (DP) is a visa issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to selected family members of the Employment Pass (EP) holders , S-Pass holders, EntrePass holders or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders to relocate and live in Singapore.

Dependant’s Pass tenure is tagged to the holder of the main Singapore work visa (ie. EP, S-Pass, etc..) is actively working in Singapore. DP pass holders can live, enter and leave Singapore freely without having to apply for separate Singapore entry visas.

Guide Contents

This guide aims to give you a good understanding of what is a Dependant's Pass, who are eligible, how to process and what are some important points to take note of.

Who is it for and what are the conditions?

EP , S-Pass, EntrePass or PEP holders who are earning at least S$6,000 a month can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for their

  • spouses; and/or

  • unmarried children under 21 years old (both birth and legally adopted children)

Note: For Entrepass holders, there will be additional requirements your business need to fulfill before able to apply for Dependant's Pass for your immediate family.

Is Dependant's Pass holder allow to work in Singapore?

Dependant's Pass holder of the EP, EntrePass or PEP holder can get a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if they find a job here. The potential employer will have apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) on your behalf. The validity of your Dependant’s Pass and LOC are tied to the validity of your spouse’s or parent’s work visa (ie. EP, EntrePass, PEP). You will need to renew your LOC whenever your DP is renewed.

Dependant's Pass holder of S Pass holders will need to apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead. They will have to meet the eligibility criteria for these passes.

Can Dependant's Pass holder become a shareholder of a Singapore company?

A Dependant's Pass holder is allow to hold shares in any Singapore company. However, do note that if he/she will be acting as a director of the Singapore company, then he/she must either obtained a LOC or Employment Pass (EP) from MOM before he/she is appointed as the director of the Singapore company.

What is the difference between Dependant's Pass and Long Term Visit Pass?

Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is usually meant for

  • Common-law spouse;

  • Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old;

  • Unmarried step-children under 21 years old;

  • Parents – only for those work pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000.

While Dependant's Pass is for

  • spouses; and/or

  • unmarried children under 21 years old (both birth and legally adopted children)

What are the documents required for the application?

The following documents are required for Dependant's Pass application:

  1. Application form

  2. Recent (< 3 months) photograph of the applicant (passport size photo)

  3. Copy of the candidate’s personal particulars page from the passport

  4. Additional documents, such as a birth or marriage certificate

Please note that all documents must be submitted in English. Documents in other languages must be filed together with an English translation.

The application will take about 3 weeks to process at the authority end before the result are made know. If successful, the validity of the Dependant's Pass will be the same with the sponsor’s work pass expiry. The work pass holder’s employer must submit renewal forms for both passes with MOM within 6 months from the pass expiration date.

#DependantPass #MOM